Prep Time: 10-15 mins Cook Time: 40 minutes
3 tbs butter
1 lb Stewing Beef
1- 8 oz package Mushrooms
2 C beef broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 C Milk
2 tbs Cornstarch
4 oz Cream Cheese
1 package of Egg Noodles
1. In a large skillet melt 1 tbs of butter over medium heat.
2. Add you stewing beef and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook your meat until it has a nice brown sear on either side.
3. Set the meat aside and melt the other 2 tbs of butter in your pan.
4. Add the mushrooms and let them cook until they are a nice caramel-brown color.
5. Put the meat back into the pan with the mushrooms. Cover the pan with a lid and turn your heat on to low for now.
6. In a medium sized bowl combine the beef broth, mushroom soup, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix it together well.
7. Pour it over the top of your beef and mushrooms. Allow the mixture come to a boil, stirring occasionally to keep from being scorched.
8. Place your cream cheese in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave it until it becomes soft you can easily stir it around.
9. In a small cup combine the milk and cornstarch. Stir it around until it is nice and smooth, make sure that there are no lumps.
10. Pour the cornstarch mixture into your hot pan. Stir it all around to incorporate. Allow the stroganoff return to a boil. It will thicken as the temperature rises.
11. Add your softened cream cheese. Stir to incorporate, and cook until evenly heated.
12. Serve on top of hot egg noodles.