Prep time: 5 mins + 2 hours minimum to allow dough to rise
Bake time: 15 mins
-1 tsp Yeast
-1 1/2 C warm water
-4 C Flour
-1 tsp Salt
-1/3 C Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 475 (cook time 15 minutes or until crust is desired color)
2. Sprinkle yeast over the top of your warm water, and set to the side for later.
3. Combine your flour and salt in your mixer, fold them together.
4. Slowly pour the olive oil in and mix just until it is all combined.
Your mix should still be pretty floury at this point.
5. Add the yeast and water mixture into the flour, and mix together until combined. Your dough will look doughy at this point.
6. Cover the dough with either a towel or stretch wrap and set aside. You should let the dough rise until it is double in size.
You can also put the dough into the fridge and let it rise throughout the day and just pull it out when you need it.
7. Finally after the dough has risen punch the dough down and divide it in half.
8. Let each piece rest on a pizza stone or sprayed cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Then stretch it out as thin or thick as you like.
9. If you only plan to use half of the dough you can put the other half in a ziplock freezer bag and throw it into the freezer for later use.
This recipe yields enough dough for two 12 inch pizzas
Another thing I like to do with my pizza dough is make grilled bread. You just take the pizza dough that you have just made stretch it into 3-4 inch flat pieces spray with a little olive oil and toss onto the grill. Each side takes about 5-19 minutes to cook and you should check it constantly to keep from being burnt. It's so good and goes great with a tomatofredo penne past dish. Yumm!
(I will work on a sauce recipe to be posted tomorrow)