Peanut Butter Brownies:
Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
For the brownie batter:
8 tbs(1 stick) Butter, cut into small pieces (plus more for greasing your pan)
2 ounces good-quality unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
4 ounces good-quality semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 C all-purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
3/4 C Sugar
3 large Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla extract
For the PB filling
4 tbs Butter (melted)
1/2 C Confectioners' Sugar
3/4 C Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Using an 8-inch square baking pan, cover with parchment paper allowing the ends to hang over.
2. Make batter: Put butter and chocolates in a heatproof medium bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted. Let cool slightly.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
4. Whisk granulated sugar into chocolate mixture.
5. Add eggs, and whisk until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
6. Add flour mixture; stir until well incorporated.
7. Make filling: Stir together butter, confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
8. Pour one-third of batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Drop dollops of peanut butter filling (about 1 tbs size each) on top of batter, spacing about 1 inch apart.
9. Drizzle remaining batter on top, and gently spread to fill pan. Drop dollops of remaining filling on top.
10. Gently swirl peanut butter filling into batter with a butter knife, running the knife lengthwise and crosswise through layers.
11. Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet (about 45 minutes).
12. Allow brownies to cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift out, let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.