Ricotta Stuffed Cheese Shells
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 45 mins
1- 12 oz package of Jumbo Shells
4 C Ricotta Cheese
2 C shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 C shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 tbs dried Parsley
¾ tsp dried oregano leaves
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 jars of sauce (or you can make your own)
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions till they are al dente. Drain and set to the side.
2. In a large bowl combine your ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, and spices. Mix together thoroughly.
(If you want you can also add 1-2 C of wilted spinach to your cheese mixture. Some people may wish to add more.)
3. Spoon about 2 tbs of cheese filling into each of the cooked shells. (This will get messy)
4. Pour about ½ C marinara sauce in the bottom of TWO 9x13 pans so your shells do not stick to the bottom.
5. Place the stuffed shells over the top of the sauce and pour the remaining sauce over the top of the shells.
6. Cover one pan with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. You can either cook the other dish as well or cover it and freeze it for later use.