Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 20 mins
1 package of Bow-tie pasta
1 medium Yellow Squash (bias sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
1 medium Zucchini (bias sliced into 1/2 inch pieces)
1 large Red Bell Pepper (cut into strips)
1 clove Garlic (finely minced)
1 C Cream
1 small can tomato sauce (optional)
1 tsp dried crushed Basil
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
Pinch of Cumin
1/2 C fresh Tomatoes (chopped)
Grated Parmesan cheese (to flavor)
**1-2 medium Chicken Breasts
1. Cook your pasta.
2. Cook the squash, zucchini, and bell pepper in a small amount of boiling, salted, water 5-8 minutes making sure that the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
3. Drain from water and put into sauteing pan with some olive oil, add your diced tomatoes at this point.
4. Allow zucchini/squash to caramelize slightly but not burn. Turn heat off and cover with a lid.
5. In a saucepan combine the cream, tomato sauce (optional), basil, and black pepper.
6. Bring to a gentle boil and allow it to cook 8-10 minutes until it has slightly thickened, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
7. Remove your sauce from the heat.
8. Mix the pasta, vegetables, and sauce together in a large bowl, allowing the sauce to coat the pasta.
**If you wish you can boil up a chicken breast and shred it up to put in the pasta as well.