Like Red Lobsters Cheddar Biscuits:
Prep Time: 15 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
1 3/4 C Flour
1 tbs+2 tsp Baking Powder
2 1/2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
3 tbs Vegetable Shortening (at room temperature)
4 tbs cold Butter (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
6 oz grated yellow cheddar cheese (about 1 1/4 C)
3/4 C Milk
For the garlic butter:
3 tbs Butter
1 clove Garlic (smashed)
1 tsp chopped Parsley (fresh is best)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover your baking pan with aluminum foil to prevent the biscuts from sticking.
2. Pulse the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor.
3. Add the shortening and pulse until combined.
4. Add the butter. Pulse 4 or 5 times or until the butter is in pea-size pieces.
5. Add the cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times.
6. Pour in the milk and pulse just until the mixture is moistened and forms a shaggy dough.
7. Turn dough out onto a clean surface and gently knead until the dough comes together. Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
8. Drop the dough onto the baking sheet in scant 1/4-cup portions, 2 inches apart, and bake until golden 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Make the garlic butter. Melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat.
10. Cook for 1 minute.
11. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
12. Brush the biscuits with the garlic butter and serve warm.