Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 1 hour
1 lb ground beef/turkey/chicken
1/2 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 tps ground cumin
2 tbs dried oregano
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 green bell peppers, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (4 oz/8 oz total) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
3 (28 oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
1/4 C chili powder
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs ground black pepper
1 tbs salt
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, drained
1 (16 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained
1 (16 oz) can black beans
1 (16 oz) can whole kernel corn
1. Brown your ground meat, drain from fat, and set to the side.
2. In the same pan heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
3. Mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers.
4. When vegetables are heated through, mix in the meat. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
5. Mix the tomatoes into the pot.
6. Season with chili powder and pepper.
7. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans.
8. Bring to a boil for 7 minutes then reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes.
9. Stir in the corn, and continue cooking till 5 minutes before serving.