My Grandma used to always have candied walnuts made for each of the holidays, I loved them then and still do. Love & miss you Grandma.
Cook Time: 30 min
1/2 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Raw Walnut (halves)
1 tbs Butter
1/8 tsp coarse Sea Salt
Cinnamon to dust
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Use middle rack in oven.
2. Lay walnuts out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
3. Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a rack.
4. Pour sugar into a medium saucepan with a thick bottom.
5. Have walnuts nearby, ready to quickly add to the pan at the right time.
6. Cook sugar on medium heat with butter, stirring with a wooden spoon as soon as the sugar begins to melt.
7. Keep stirring until all the sugar has melted and the color is a medium amber. As soon as sugar is melted and the color is a medium amber.
8. Add the walnuts to the pan, quickly stirring and coating each piece with the sugar mixture.
9. As soon as the walnuts are coated with the sugar mixture, spread them out on a rimmed baking sheet, lined either with parchment/wax paper.
10. Use two forks to separate the walnuts from each other, working very quickly.
11. Sprinkle the nuts with the salt and cinnamon and allow them to cool completely.