My friend sent this to me the other day. I've changed up the directions a bit so they read easier. I'm going to have to make them for my Mom sometime soon, she loves carrot cake.
1 C Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (I am sure that regular flour will work just as well)
1/2 C Wheat Bran
1 C Oatmeal (not the instant kind)
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tbs Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (or Nutmeg)
3/4 C Pecans (chopped)
1 tbs Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 C Shredded Carrot
1/2 C Unsweetened Applesauce
2 tbs Butter, room temperature
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C Golden Raisins
17.6 oz Container (about 2 Cups) 2% Greek Yogurt
1/4 C Honey
1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a small bowl, pour about half cup of hot water over the raisins and let them soak.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs well.
4. Add applesauce, butter, and brown sugar to the eggs and stir well.
5. After you have done that drain the raisins and add them at this time also add the carrots to the wet mixture.
6. In another large bowl, mix all dry ingredients and the nuts.
7. Move your wet mixture to a mixer and turn it on low.
8. In thirds slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet.
9. Mix together till all ingredients are incorporated. (You should get a pretty thick dough at this point, firm enough keep form on a baking sheet, but still more moist than your typical cookie.)
9. Line the baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
10, Use an ice cream scoop for large cookies, or a tablespoon for smaller ones scoop our your dough and set them 2 inches apart.
11. Bake for 12-16 minutes, depending on cookie size, until edges are a little brown and the middle is just set.
12. In the meantime, mix all filling ingredients together with a whisk and put in fridge to firm up.
13. Once your cookies are done baking allow them to cool before assembling into sandwiches.
14. Once cookies cool enough get your filling mix out of the fridge and spoon it onto your cookie.
15. Place another cookie on top and set back onto the baking tray.
16. Once you have made up all your sandwiches place them in the freezer for 30 minutes to fully set.