4-5 medium Potatoes shredded
1-2 C shredded Cheddar Cheese
One 8 count Sausage link pack
4-5 C Milk
Approx 1 Tbs ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Thyme
(**more or less for your preference with all ingredients)
1. Shred the potatoes and put into a medium/large cooking pot.
2. Shred 2 cups cheddar cheese and add to the pot with the potatoes (more or less can be added depending on how cheesey you would like your chowder).
3. Add 4-5 cups of milk to the pot with the cheese and potatoes and turn on the heat. Allow the boil string periodically then reduce to a simmer and put a lid on top.
4. While you begin to boil the chowder in a skillet break apart your sausage links as you would ground beef and brown them.
5. Dump the sausage and dripping along with the black pepper and thyme into the chowder and mix together.
6. Allow your chowder to simmer and cook the potatoes for 45 minutes to a hour string constantly to prevent scorching or the potatoes from sticking to the bottom.
*If you would like your chowder thinner add more milk 1/2 a cup at a time. If you would like it thicker add a little bit of flour and make sure you stir it well so you don't have clumps, but sicne potatoes release a natural starch your chowder should be pretty thick.