Chicken Noodle Soup with Lentils (for extra protein)
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup dry lentils (rinsed)
1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, sliced
6 cups chicken stock (broth)
2 cups egg noodles
1) Pour your chicken stock (broth) into your pot and turn flame onto medium low heat.
2) Chop up your celery, carrots, and chicken breast and add to your stock (broth).
3) Cover pot with a lid and turn heat up slightly.
4) Chop up your onion, slice the garlic, and rinse off the lentils then add to pot as well.
5) Place lid back on the pot and set the timer for about a hour and thirty minutes being sure to checking your soup occasionally to make sure it is not boiling over.
6) After your timer goes off check to see if your lentils are fully cooked.
7) If they are, add your egg noodles and place cover back on the pot.
8) Allow it to simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
(Add 1 cup of water if you notice that your amount of broth is getting too low. Add more or less of anything you want.)