Chunky Tomato Sauce
8 C chopped Tomatoes (with juices)
2 Tbs minced Garlic
1 C chopped Onion
3 Tbs Olive Oil (to saute onion and garlic)
1 Tsp Oregano
1/2-1 Tsp crushed Red Pepper flakes (depending on how much kick you want)
1/8 C Basil
Pinch of Thyme
Pinch of Rosemary
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp ground Black Pepper
3 Tbs Flour
1) Saute onion in olive oil till soft and translucent, add garlic and keep on heat stirring for a few additional minutes.
2) Set aside.
3) In a large sauce pot put in your 8 cups of tomatoes and turn heat to high.
4) Add onion and garlic.
5) Bring to boil then turn down and allow to simmer covered.
6) Measure out all your seasonings.
7) Add to pot an mix together.
8) Allow to cook covered at a simmer, for at least one hour.
9) Take about 1/4 cup of the liquid portion of the sauce and put into a bowl.
10) Add flour and mix together well so there are no chunks.
11) Add mixture back into pot and stir together. (This helps thicken the sauce just enough)